Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First time eating solids!!





Tonight was Paige's first go at eating solid food! I was excited to give it to her but nervous on how she'd do! She actually did pretty great for her first time and I think she was definitely ready! It was hard to get her to open for the first bite, but once she had the first bite, she opened her mouth every time from then on! She kept grabbing the spoon and trying to put it in her mouth... it was hilarious! At one point she was even sucking on her high chair! I was going to just give her a few bites to start with, but she was having a good time with it so I ended up giving her more than I had planned! Her first meal was rice cereal and it absolutely amazes me that she seemed to enjoy it! It did not look very appetizing to me! I cannot wait to see her reaction when we get into more foods like carrots and sweet potatoes! It is so crazy to think that she's already starting solid foods. I know it won't be too long before she's off baby food. It just amazes me how much time has flown by with her. She is 5 months old today and I kept looking at her hands thinking about how big they have gotten since she was first born! She is becoming this little person and I love seeing her grow everyday! Although, I do miss the days when she would sleep right on my chest! You never realize when the last time will until she doesn't do it anymore!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Cade hated the rice cereal so I started giving him stage 1 baby food. So far he has had sweet potatoes and peas and he is eating it all pretty good. It won't be long and she'll be eating off her own plate - by herself!